UCR 2018 Registration delayed until further notice
Received from the NE Department of Motor Vechicles, October 30
RE: UCR 2018 Registration Delayed Until Further Notice; Fees Likely to Drop
While we believe a new rule setting final fees is imminent, the Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) Board of Directors is delaying until further notice the start of the 2018 registration period while the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) completes the rulemaking process for 2018 fees. Due to this unanticipated further delay, UCR is recommending to all states that the enforcement period for 2018 compliance not begin until 90 days after the final rulemaking is published. The fee levels being proposed are based on a recommendation submitted by UCR to the FMCSA in March 2017 to reduce fees for carriers at all levels by 9% in 2018. Until further notice, please do not submit any carrier fees or forms for the 2018 registration year (online or paper forms). If received prior to the final rulemaking, your fees and forms will be returned.
Carriers should expect a further notice soon. We will continue to keep you updated as we become aware of relevant fee and registration information.
Important items to note:
(1) 2018 UCR fees have not yet been set by the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) we expect the publication of the 2018 fees soon
(2) Once the fees are established, the NEDMV will mail out 2018 UCR applications and instructions
(3) Applications and payment received prior to the 2018 fees being set will be returned
(4) 2018 fees are expected to be lower than 2017 fees
(5) If you use a vendor to file UCR on your behalf, keep in mind the fees are not final until published by the DOT
(6) Nebraska will honor the UCR board recommendation and begin UCR enforcement 90 days after the fees are finalized
Check the DMV website for the latest information on UCR here.