NDOT's COVID-19 Update
To our Industry Partners-
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Nebraska Department of Transportation is committed to providing a safe workplace and the best possible statewide transportation system for the movement of people and goods.
As we saw during the 2019 floods, the transportation system is critical to the health, safety and well-being of Nebraskans. We recognize that the reliability of our transportation system is critical to our response to the pandemic. Our roads and bridges will remain open and the NDOT operational.
What you can expect:
Value placed on Safety.
NDOT is working closely with Nebraska's DHHS to stay abreast of the public health community's guidance on combatting the spread of the virus. We will support the recommended mitigation strategies to slow transmission to help our communities return to the normalcy we all miss.
Open and honest Communication.
As the situation develops, NDOT will provide updates and remain in close communication with industry associations. The situation requires NDOT and our partners to stay agile and flexible. Communication is key to getting through this together.
Dedication to Carry On.
NDOT has a rich history of dedication to our mission. No matter the situation we will find a way to be operational. It may look different, it might not be what you are used to but we will carry on.
- NDOT will continue to protect public safety by keeping our roads safe
- Rest Areas will remain open and operational
- Construction operations will continue
- NDOT will continue to deliver projects
- Be patient, over communicate and follow up. A majority of staff is working remotely and communication and feedback is important as we work through challenges.
- We expect payments to continue as normal. Where you can, submit documents electronically.
- Share information on impacts. We are evaluating opportunities to waive/modify/extend any requirements that may provide needed flexibility to our customers and partners.
Kyle Schneweis, P.E., Director