General Issues Committee
Purpose:In 2017, the Nebraska Chapter AGC established the General Issues Committee to service its members in Nebraska, chartered with tackling those issues which would not be specifically related to the current chapter committees.
Chair and Co-chair are appointed from the current Board of Directors, and serve for a period of two years.
Chair: Steve Samuelson, Constructors, Inc.
Co-Chair: Jim Van Kirk, Van Kirk Brothers Contracting
Brad Wegner, Midlands Contracting
Andy Hartmann, Hartmann Construction
Tyler Chicoine, Garcia-Chicoine Enterprises, Inc.
Steve Peck, Simon
Phil Werner, Werner Construction Co.
Staff Liaison: Katie Wilson, Executive Director
Committee members will be comprised of:
- 4 to 6 additional members appointed by the committee chair
Meetings will be held on an as needed basis.
This committee will focus on industry topics which do not relate specifically to any other Chapter Committee:
Areas of Focus:
- Topics will be submitted to their Committee’s AGC Staff Liaison from the Committee Chairs;
- The Executive Director will coordinate with the Committee Chair to schedule meetings;
- Task Forces can be utilized for specific topics;
- The Committee’s purpose is to make recommendations to the AGC Board of Directors for action on the various issues.
Get access to committee contact information and committee minutes by becoming a member and logging in to our members only portal of the website.