The Nebraska Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) provides training, technical assistance and technology transfer in all transportation areas with emphasis on safety, maintenance, equipment operation and traffic management.
Click here to view a list of their contacts and more information.
MissionThe mission of the Nebraska LTAP program is to enhance the skills of local and state transportation professionals in providing a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation system in Nebraska. This mission is accomplished by providing training, technicalassistance, and technology transfer in all transportation areas with emphasis on safety, maintenance, equipment operation, and traffic management. Some of the Program's Goals are to:
- Continue providing existing programs and services to customers
- Increase services to customers by introducing at least one new offering per year
- Enhance the program's value to its customers and partners
- Increase the stability of the program by securing sustainable and predictable funding
ServicesThe Nebraska LTAP Program provides the following services:
- Conducts training workshops and seminars on subjects such as equipment maintenance and operations, sign management, speed limit setting methods, bridge inspection, road maintenance, and work zone safety
- Provides on-site and in-field technical assistance as well as referrals to transportation experts to answer questions and provide guidance
- Loans road management tools to agencies; such as retro-reflectometers for sign study, traffic counting cards for traffic studies and radar guns for speed studies
- Maintains a lending library of video tapes, software, publications and digital resources
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter to provide readers with helpful ideas, announce upcoming training opportunities, and introduce the field's latest technological advances